[ga-roots]

RE: [ga-roots] Re: New.Net-WhitePaper

Interesting that new.net has indicated it will participate in the next
round of TLD submissions from ICANN and that ICANN appears to have
confirmed that no special priority will be given to any existing client
base in any other root in the process.  This was a point that was raised by
Tucows.  Tucows pointed out they could very well initiate a other root
solution if there was any priority given to prior user bases in the ICANN
TLD introduction processes.  They have not done so and find the recent
draft paper from ICANN President addresses this issue to their satisfaction
(to a degree).

The ICANN Board also indicated they are aware of the need for greater speed
in the introduction of new TLD's.  We may see a quicker response in this
regard.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.