[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] Web Order or Chaos at Stake

On 3 Jun 2001, at 18:01, NameCritic wrote:

> Cumbersome to change settings? Alternate roots rely on the ICANN structure
> and build on top of it? What did they do before ICANN existed then? Where
> do these guys get this stuff?

The FUD is important to make their claims look legitimate.

For instance, remember Wincrash 3.1 when you had to set your servers
in Winsock for your dialup?

How about DOS?

CP/M?

What is cumbersome about it?  If you change ISPs, do you not have to
set up dial up networking and get settings from them?

Sheesh!  It's even simpler.  All one needs is a couple of IP addresses.
Let's have some more FUD.

Let's ask the PacificRoot.  They were set up in 1985 with the NOMAD
Internetwork.  I wonder what they had to rely on since ICANN wasn't
even a glimmer in anyone's eye.

Get real.

Leah