[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] Web Order or Chaos at Stake

>On 3 Jun 2001, at 18:01, NameCritic wrote:
>Cumbersome to change settings? Alternate roots rely on the ICANN structure
>and build on top of it? What did they do before ICANN existed then? Where
>do these guys get this stuff?

Gee! May be some time, you will understand that "alternate" is a wrong word
used to confuse you by the opponents to an open free name space. The only
existing "alternative" is financial: either you get a TLD by your own or
you pay $50.000++  to get a chance to have one stamped by the iCANN.

The Alternate roots do not "rely on the iCANN structure": all the non
colliding TLDs - including those under iCANN contract - are legitimate TLDs
on a first come first serve basis. This is true for the TLDs currently
under iCANN protection. They were here before, they will be here after.

Again and again; there is only one single inclusive root. There are those
trying to decently list it and a single one trying to make money from
it.  When you want to write a letter you may write yourself or you may pay
a lawyer, your alternative choice.

Listen what Tuckows said: we could have gone alternative (meaning the iCANN
way is still commercialy more rewarding today, but please show us what your
protection brings to us).

Listen to ccTLDs: they say the iCANN is asking too much, we do not really
need it. The iCANN respond "OK get your own SO but stay in, please: I need
your money". An SO is made of "constiutencies": will we have a Chinese
constituency, i.e. an alt.root constituency, within the iCANN?

Jefsey