[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] ICANN Discussion Draft posted May 28

As usual ICANN does thier best work on weekends, just before travel
commences to meetings.

The root draft posted on the ICANN site rely's on the power given to ICANN
as a consensus building organization.  Positioning themselves in that
station,  their position on alt/inclusive tld's is understandable.

However, it will only continue to have merit to the extent that ICANN
continues to please more significant stakeholders than it displeases. Even
though it passed the verisign agreements, new TLD's etc;   it still must
face a little fallout each time it creates doubt it is the body that should
be given the mantle as operating in the public trust.

You cant just take the public trust mantle, you still have to earn it.

Additionally, i feel the criteria of experimantation should have been used
in internationalized domains names.

Page Howe
.kids domains inc.