[ga-roots]

Re: A point of agreement (Re: [ga-roots] response to response to response)

Chris and all,

NameCritic wrote:

> And again, there is no THE system. ICANN controls one root system of many.

  Again ICANN controls no root system presently.  The USG does presently.
And if we as stakeholders let our congressional folks know that we are
not happy with what ICANN is proposing, than they have reason
to act.  This also applies to the DOC/NTIA as well...

> Voice recognition software and other technology and good PR with the
> software pointing at the other roots and giving the software away for free
> would make the other root more popular than the ICANN root in less than one
> year.
>
> ICANN puts a great spin on things to the public, but they are nothing
> compared to what a really good pr person can do. There are so many ways that
> ICANN can be beat by companies that know how to market that it is ridiculous
> for them to think that this slow moving, we're going to run everything our
> way, process is going to work. The fact they are moving so slow with all
> this is one of their biggest weaknesses.
>
> People follow leadership that is flexible and progressive, not those that
> are staunchy, overbearing, and totalitarian. If  ICANN wants to be THE
> authority then they had better start making some deals with companies like
> New.net, Alternate and Cooperative and Inclusive Root sytems. That is being
> progressive. They also have to recognize an individual's constituency and
> have a real public consensus on their actions. Accepting an Individual's
> Constituency and a Domain Holders Constituency shows flexibility. Without
> those two things there will be no ICANN for me to ridicule and I would miss
> that.
>
> Chris McElroy aka NameCritic

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827