[ga-roots]

Re: A point of agreement (Re: [ga-roots] response to response to response)

At 02:01 29.05.2001 -0700, NameCritic wrote:
>Continuing on the same thing here. You wrote "ICANN has proposed one way:
>strict regulation of entries into a single
> > root, no conflicts allowed" Again that reflects the thinking that ICANN
>hasn't allowed conflicts when they have introduced existing TLDs. Maybe you
>mean that to say, no conflicts unless ICANN creates them.

I meant to say "no conflict among the names recognized by ICANN".

As Roeland has pointed out, there is no law against resolving DNS names any
way you want to; "regulation" is probably not the best word to use above,
since I was thinking of regulation of names entered into ICANN's root only.