[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] Community Roots or Red Herrings)

To: Dassa

You said "Any roots aside from the legacy root under the control of ICANN
are rogue and not legitimate on the Internet.  They are private name spaces
and belong on private networks, not in the public network and name space."

According to who? What authority says this? Why are they the authority? Why
should we bow to this authority? Are you it? Is ICANN? The DoC? Just curious
since you seem to state it as if it were a law that was punishable by prison
time or something.

What people want is change. One way or another when people want change they
will get it. Check out the history books.

Whatever you perceive are the rules is irrelevant to what is being discussed
since you obviously have a problem with thinking there could be any other
way or better way to do things.

Everyone assumes people do not have the right to do something until someone
says they can. Not so. People have the right to do anything they please
until a law is passed against it.

Right now I don't know of a single law that applies to everyone in the world
and not one that would keep them from operating another root. If you do know
of one, please post a link to it so I can read about it.

Chris McElroy aka NameCritic