[ga-roots]

RE: [ga-roots] Re: [icann-eu] Letter to Dr. Vint Cerf

> The difference between Kent and my arguments is mostly in the detail
> who could be held liable for any damage.  And, I admit, the cache
> poisoning makes a strong case for his version of this detail.

Cache poisoning is FUD. All zone servers must be non-recursive. That
eliminates cache poisoning. This is current internet policy for zone
operators. Resolvers may be recursive, but they should only see
non-recursive zone servers. BIND 8.2.3 also has specific provisions against
cache poisoning. This is one of the first problems that the inclusive root
operators had to overcome ... how to keep their own zones from being
poisoned with legacy root cache.