[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] Capture and Diversion (was Smart Browsers)

Kent Crispin wrote:
> It's called "competition".

If this is about competition, and I think Kent may be right on that score,
then doesn't existing competition law address most concerns?

In the United States, at least, there is a fairly flexible set of laws,
mostly at the state level, giving aggrieved parties a civil remedy for
unfair competition, false advertising, trademark infringement, consumer
confusion, fraud, and antitrust.

One possible outcome of our discussions may simply be an acknowledgement
that there may be issues involving competing roots that affect TLD operators
and users but that relief, if any, can be found in existing laws.

       -- Bret