[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] Re: Criminalization of alt roots

The short answer to "why ARNI lost its "property" so easily" is that
ICANN does not recognize our registry as legitimate if outside their
framework.  Therefore, they simply "took" the TLD to offer it to a
competitor for a $50,000 application fee.  They have thus far refused to
discuss any of the "alt.TLDs" as legitimate and claim they are
responsible for only their root (the DOC root) regardless of
consequences.

We plan to continue our registry, of course.  We have thousands of
registrations (more than many ccTLDs) and plan to bring in registrars
via The PacificRoot's SRS. ICANN's duplication of the TLD will cause
many problems since we cannot have duplications in the DNS hierarchy
regardless of which root it is in.  ICANN knows this and accuses the
TLDs outside of their own root of being the culprits rather than simply
recognizing the existence of entities other than themselves on honoring
the unique TLD requirement of the DNS.

Since ICANN is mandated to maintain the stability of the net, this
action is a deliberate breach of their agreement with the US
government.  However, the Department of Commerce is even more
culpable if they allow it to occur.

Our claim to .BIZ is quite legitimate and is documented in the
Congressional Record, our petition for Rulemaking and in statements by
two root managers who have delegated it to me.  ARNI is the manager,
while I am the TLD holder.  The TLD was first created in 1995 and was
re-delegated in May, 2000 to me.

We have repeatedly asked that ICANN discuss this situation and
recognize that other TLDs and roots exist within the DNS.  The
existence of the roots are a fact.  We hope that we will succeed in
opening doors so that all users of the Internet are represented within the
ICANN framework.  In addition, we hope that the DoC will not introduce
the first major collider and cause all the associated problems inherent in
duplicate domain names on a huge scale.  We also do not wish to see
a duplicate .com/net/org surface somewhere due to this precedent, but
it is likely to occur.

Regards,

Leah Gallegos