[ga-roots]

Re[2]: [ga-roots] Re: Criminalization of alt roots

Hello L,

Wednesday, May 02, 2001, 10:08:27 AM, L Gallegos wrote:

> The short answer to "why ARNI lost its "property" so easily" is that
> ICANN does not recognize our registry as legitimate if outside their
> framework.  Therefore, they simply "took" the TLD to offer it to a
> competitor for a $50,000 application fee.

No.

They didn't say anything about it's legitimacy.  They just recognize
that it is outside of the scope of what ICANN should concern itself
with.  They didn't take anything, as the .biz TLD run by ARNI can
still exist in the root server networks it exists in today.

The root systems are entirely independent of each other, and there is
nothing which would require or mandate (or should for that matter)
that they must coordinate or recognize each other's TLDs.

This entire subject is really that simple.

We really didn't need a new mailing list to realize that.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh