[ga-icann]

Re[4]: [ga-icann] You gotta wonder

Hello NameCritic,

Friday, June 29, 2001, 9:33:51 PM, NameCritic wrote:
> Back to the subject please. Is the legacy root so fragile? If so we should
> be really worried. other roots with thousands of tlds are operating. The dns
> is not broken.

Other roots and TLDs that are barely used and are most certainly NOT
scalable.

Why don't you stick to some facts and evidence to back up your claims,
Chris?

The fact is that the alt.roots are a poor choice to use an example of
how new TLDs will work.  They are more an example of how they should
not work.

You claim the alt.roots are stable?

I take you mean the Baptista Vortex when you talk about how stable
things are, right?

The alt.root networks are VERY Fragile.  Most of them are open to
cache poisoning and other security issues.  The only reason those
things haven't happened yet is that they get so little use.

Your shining example isn't one.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>