[ga-icann]

Re[2]: [ga-icann] interesting California law to consider

Dear Chris,
what is interesting with WXW (hello William) is his capacity to take
the best arguments in his disfavor and to use them to make his claim.
Everyone his technics.

On 11:35 16/06/01, William X. Walsh said:
>Saturday, June 16, 2001, 2:18:11 AM, NameCritic wrote:
> > That's like saying that I'm stopping you from doing business because I
> > already own the property you want. A ridiculous comment. They are stifling
> > business by not allowing ICANN to duplicate their business? What color is
> > the sky in your world Dassa.
>That's like claiming McDonalds should be permitted to get all burger
>fast food chains to close down because they are duplicating their
>product.

iCANN is just doing that. Like if McDo was claiming that all the fast foods
should close if they are doing burgers. All the foreign TLD should close
if they validate DNs. (TLDs are jut the signature of who has created the
Domain Name. Using .biz while it is already in use is actually forgery
before anything else).

This creates misrouting risks. A call to any http://xxx.biz or a mail
sent to any zzz@xxx.biz may reach the wrong one.

> > ICANN is utilizing unfair business practices by taking advantage of the
> lead
> > they have in a particular industry to put others out of business in
> order to
> > create less competition and by claiming the ONE TRUE AUTHORITATIVE ROOT
>
>ICANN has not done anything to enforce any policy that would prohibit
>alternative roots from being run. They are not putting them out of
>business at all.

William, I hope you do not mind if I use "William X. Walsh" as
a signature from now on?

>(For that matter, the alt.root operators themselves seem to
>think that root systems are not businesses, so how can they be put out
>of business when they claim they are not in it?)

Using his own mental disability as an argument.
- root system are no business
- hence TLDs are no business

The point is that this attitude is making peole believe the
iCANN people are dumb stubborn and rather than talking
to the iCANN, and may be to help Stuart understand their
needs, rights and demands, ... they go and create their
own TLD...

Anyway enjoy!

--
This message was passed to you via the ga-icann@dnso.org list.