Re: [ga] your comments

Dear Joe,
If you truly want to make something out of it, why not just to list your
priorities, one step at a time. Then to try to address them. Dont keep
talking about DNS stability nor about the ICANN mission. There are
controversies enough on this. Or start with the basics: the IP addressing
stability.

Just tell:
- we want to manage an Excel table keeper
- we want to administer the world
- we want to establish a stable committee for the decades to come
- we want to serve the public
- we want to make the structure to survive
- we want to ....

That we can help and discover/correct the flaws.

When we/you know what we want, we may work on conflict priorities, then
propose, then compare the propositions. Otherwise, I are you not afraid it
is pure wasted time and money?

In a nutshell, don't you feel that what we realy need is a clear minded
boss, an organizer? Is the guy who organized the LA Olympic Games still in
business?
jfc

On 16:58 29/05/02, Joe Sims said:
>I'm with you.  While I know that many will not believe this, this is what
>most of us are actually trying to do.  I notice that there was damn little
>recognition of the ideas in Stuart's paper that sought to open up the
>process more than it is now.  Today, many people marginalize themselves by
>taking a black or white approach -- e.g., direct elections are the only
>acceptable way to be accountable.  The fact is that this is a unique
>animal, trying to do things in a way that has no direct model.  As such, it
>requires more experimentation, more trials and errors, and more
>understanding of the frankly experimental nature of the effort.  So I would
>encourage the application of the principles you espouse in responding to
>whatever comes out of the Pisanty Committee later this week, and maybe we
>can make progress.
>

>Joe Sims
>Jones Day Reavis & Pogue
>51 Louisiana Avenue NW