Re: [ga] your comments

Joe writes:  Today, many people marginalize themselves by taking a black or
white approach -- e.g., direct elections are the only acceptable way to be
accountable.

With all due respect, the question that one might ask is the following:
After having budgeted $450,000 for an At-Large study, and after having been
told by those charged with completing the year-long study (this included the
former Chairman of ICANN), that "an At-Large membership registration and
election process can be developed that meets standards of integrity, fairness
and affordability" ( http://www.atlargestudy.org/final_report.shtml ), why
has the Board not accepted the recommendations of its own Blue-Ribbon panel
that reflects the consensus view of the community?

Aren't we a consensus-based organization?  Do we now have a Board that no
longer respects consensus?