Re: [ga] Discussion on Voting Registry

----- Original Message -----
From: <DannyYounger@cs.com>
To: <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 7:24 AM
Subject: [ga] Discussion on Voting Registry

> We supposedly have an electorate of 586 members.  368 did not vote on the
> last set of motions.
> The IDNO supposedly has a roster of 263 members.  259 did not vote on the
> last set of motions.
>
> This raises the question -- has a large chunk of our membership (like the
> members of the IDNO) stop functioning as members?  If so, are the
percentages
> that Alex has proposed appropriate?  Should the voting registry perhaps be
> recertified on an annual basis?

Yes at minimum. This can be done as an autonomic process by sending a letter
to each registered voter and email mandating their return acknowledgement.
This should be done to the email list yearly as well. And during the year if
any mailing list member's mail bounces and there is a corresponding
registered address in the voting pool, it also should be noted as such and
removed. In allinstence where any bounced mail is used to justify any
actions, the mail and its full headers must be kept as part of the evidence
of failed delivery, for at least one recertification period (meaning the
rest of the year until the entire list was to recertify).