[ga] Discussion on Voting Registry

We supposedly have an electorate of 586 members.  368 did not vote on the
last set of motions.
The IDNO supposedly has a roster of 263 members.  259 did not vote on the
last set of motions.

This raises the question -- has a large chunk of our membership (like the
members of the IDNO) stop functioning as members?  If so, are the percentages
that Alex has proposed appropriate?  Should the voting registry perhaps be
recertified on an annual basis?  Should voters be decertified if they have
missed, for example, 3 or 4 consecutive votes?  Should we become a
self-sustaining organization by establishing a GA membership fee (which would
better define our membership roster)?  Do we have an obligation to help
defray the costs of Secretariat services which make our voting procedures
possible?

Is it possible/probable that many constituency members aren't even aware that
they have the right to vote within the GA?  Should all constituency members
automatically be enrolled in the GA voting roster (after all, these are folks
that have already paid money to participate as members of the DNSO)?

Have any members died that are still on the voting roster?

I have noted that "percentages" have been used as a tool to discount the vote
of the GA.  Perhaps it is time to make sure that our Registry accurately
reflects our membership, and that those that no longer participate at all are
culled from the process.

Your thoughts?