[ga] Response to Joe

Joe Sims wrote:
> No it would not.

Let's end the discussion here because we're not going to convince each
other. It's simply incomprehensible to me that the greater ICANN community
would not have benefitted from listening to the "several hours over two days
of uninterrupted discussion" that the Board engaged in. Neither a paper nor
the hour and half that we'll get in Bucharest will be an adequate
substitute. The fact that some Board members are uncomfortable thinking out
loud in public suggests to me that we need different Board members, not that
ICANN should countenance important discussions behind closed doors. Open up
all the Board meetings and allow those who are uncomfortable with that kind
of process to decide not to serve. It's a big world. Surely ICANN can find
19 competent people willing to serve the public in public.

     -- Bret