Re: [ga] To: ga@dnso.org

Karl and all assembly members,

Karl Auerbach wrote:

> On Tue, 28 May 2002, Bret Fausett wrote:
>
> > At the same time, the greater ICANN community would have had a deeper
> > understanding of these perspectives had the Board released an audio
> > recording of its discussions. It would have allowed for more informed input
>
> Indeed.  On this matter, the DNSO Names Council - which records its
> meetings and publishes those recordings to the public - is standing head
> and shoulders above ICANN's board.

  Can't argue with this statement.

> Joe Sim's royal definition of "transparency" ranks only marginally above
> Marie Antoinette's famous plan to alleviate hunger

  Yeah, "Let them Eat Cake".  Well it wasn't long after that
statement by Marie, that her head rolled into a basket...

> Nearly two years ago I defined ICANN's obligation to be open and
> transparent rather more broadly in my campaign platform:
>         http://www.cavebear.com/icann-board/platform.htm#open-trans
>
> I find Sim's assertion that the lack of votes obviates the need for
> minutes to be absurd - the ingredients and recipe that are used to produce
> a decision are as much a component of open/transparent operation as the
> the final decision itself.

  Very much agreed.  However lately and most of the time, I have
found Joe's positions to be absurd as to you comparison to
Marie Antoinette's.  It never ceases to amaze and sometimes
disgust me that such once good legal mind such as Joes become
so corrupted by twists of their experiences at to display nearly
total disdain for the true meaning of the legal profession in
areas of representation...

>                 --karl--

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827