Re: [ga] To: ga@dnso.org

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Bret Fausett wrote:

> At the same time, the greater ICANN community would have had a deeper
> understanding of these perspectives had the Board released an audio
> recording of its discussions. It would have allowed for more informed input

Indeed.  On this matter, the DNSO Names Council - which records its
meetings and publishes those recordings to the public - is standing head
and shoulders above ICANN's board.

Joe Sim's royal definition of "transparency" ranks only marginally above
Marie Antoinette's famous plan to alleviate hunger

Nearly two years ago I defined ICANN's obligation to be open and
transparent rather more broadly in my campaign platform:
	http://www.cavebear.com/icann-board/platform.htm#open-trans

I find Sim's assertion that the lack of votes obviates the need for
minutes to be absurd - the ingredients and recipe that are used to produce
a decision are as much a component of open/transparent operation as the
the final decision itself.

		--karl--