Re: Truths (Re: [ga] Lies, damned lies, and votes.)

Todd and all assembly members,

  Todd, first let me tell you again your date for this post is 2 yrs old.  >;)
I think you need to again reset your Date/time on your PC.

  So where do we go from here?  Well I made some suggestions already
as have a number, although few, have also done.

  I suggested a two Pronged approach...

  That basically being that in that both motions passed with wide
margins, it is clear that ICANN's course in the DNSO GA
which is a fairly good broad barometer for how most stakeholders/Users
seem to feel, is not the direction that is needed.  It also seems
that congress and a number of other EU and Asian countries
are also very dissatisfied with the present ICANN administration's
stuartship, pardon the pun...  >;)  Hence ICANN must become
more of what the White Paper and MoU outlined in the beginning
in '98.  That can be accomplished with the two pronged approach
IOHO[INEGroup].  If the DOC/NTIA and Congress feel or
believe that the ICANN contracts (White Paper and MoU )
need or should be rebid, than planning from a host of potential
"Bidders" might work together to come up with a meaningful
proposal or proposals for such a bid..   At the same time however,
with Motion #2 we as stakeholders/users must insist consistently,
that draconian changes in the ICANN structure must include
direct dtakeholder/user participation and vote on issue's that
directly effect them for now and especially in the future.  This
will need to be done fairly quickly now, which makes addressing
Motion #2 approaches very difficult, but doable in proposal
methods and the creation of an At-Large in short order.  But
from Andy MM's recent report from the ICANN "Retreat"
this Motion seems to be rather moot unless Andy's report
was grossly inaccurate in several key areas, or the ICANN
staff in particular is turned around by the proposals that
we as the GA along with all other SO's and constituencies
within the DNSO can coordinate better, especially online
via WG's and cross constituency communications via
those forums without restriction.  I think this will mean
that the GA at least will need to lift or remove the
5 post limit...