Re: Truths (Re: [ga] Lies, damned lies, and votes.)

Todd and all assembly members,

todd glassey wrote:

> The motion process was flawed though and neither one should have been
> advanced. They are mutually exclusive of each other so any positive vote for
> one extinguishes the other.

  I disagree in part here.  Both motions in many ways complimented each other
to one degree of another.  How there were presented for a vote by the
GA members was certainly questionable and confusing purposefully
IMHO however...

> That is why this voting process is flawed,
> because the boilerplate and process of the election did not stop to mutually
> exclusive motions from passing and thus causing a dilemma, I move to declare
> this vote null and void and  further move to suspend all future votes in
> which this situation is allowed to occur.

  No the voting process is not fatally flawed.  It does need some
fine tuning.  But any motions that are put forth should be made
available for a vote if at least 2 members second such motions.
Thomas required 10 seconds, which of course was silly.

> Personally I think this means that the voting regulations and process need
> to be changed, and to that end I would move the GA to commission a Election
> Process and Rules WG immediately to resolve this dilemma, so we can get on
> with the democratic management of the DNSO.

  A WG would be a good idea to FINE TUNE ONLY the voting
rules, yes...

> Todd

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827