[ga] Repealing the 5 message limit.

Maybe  its time for this -

I want to formally move to repeal the five message limit for posting to this mailing list.

It may have not been what was intended but it may be that its what it wound up being, and that is a rule that creates a environment wherein the end-users are impeded in governing the organization. It serves no other functional purpose except to stifle unwanted groupwide discourse, so it is counter to the open interchange of ideas and concepts.

I would in its place propose in its place allow as many posts to any thread as long we keep the list watchdog. The Watchdog would become more a arbiter of decorum though and not the keeper of the 5 strikes and your out badge.

To facilitate this I would also propose that under this motion we put in place a "fair play" policy and create a WG to implement a recommendation for this policy. This will require a collaborative effort to come up with a realistic and uniform policy and should be easily attainable in a couple of weeks at most. This should be a WG created by this motion.

The intent of this motion is to create a fair and even interflow of communications. Yes, as individuals we have a tendency to be a bit acerbic and in some instances more arrogant than our water will attest to (yes, me too) but that is the nature of human beings and it is part of the creative spark that is driving us to be here.

With that said (and I apologize for waxing philosophical in the ending) I would ask for as second to this motion to the Secretariat.

Todd Glassey