Re: [ga] Re: Dan Halloran's Continuing Silence

Vint and all assembly members,

  Vint, this is not a very good response to both Richards questions
and his post.  As a BOD member dealing with a public resource,
it would seem more appropriate to have responded that you
don't have and answer, BUT you/Dan will find/seek one and provide
it ASAP...  Otherwise you very much appear to be just stalling...

  Frankly, as to Richards questions, I can't see how they would be
all that difficult to answer or at a minimum, be able to in very
short order, have good, direct and definitive answers to...

vint cerf wrote:

> Richard that's not entirely accurate - I have responded.
> but I do not have specific answers to your questions.
>
> vint
>
> At 01:43 AM 5/27/2002 +0100, Richard Henderson wrote:
> >FIFTEEN DAYS ago I sent a personal message to ICANN's Dan Halloran, requesting that he answer the detail of 14 specific questions, which covered matters of sincere concern.

> >Dan Halloran has STILL not even acknowledged receipt of my mail.
> >
> >Is this the openness and responsiveness we should expect from an organisation which serves the whole world?
> >
> >I believe that ICANN does not want to answer awkward questions and is therefore consciously evading them.
> >
> >I will continue to publicly request Dan Halloran to reply. As some of the issues have implications for the imminent .info LR2, I take the view that it is irresponsible and inexcusable of ICANN to ignore a serious and reasoned letter like this.
> >
> >I welcome any supporting (or alternative) views. Unlike ICANN, I'm not afraid of dialogue.
> >
> >Richard Henderson
> ><http://www.theinternetchallenge/>www.theInternetChallenge
> >
> >PS I have also copied Vint Cerf and Stuart Lynn but neither of them have replied either. Has the whole of the ICANN leadership been sucked down a black hole? Are my questions really so frightening that they dare not answer ANY of them? And dare not even acknowledge their receipt? Openness.... ?????

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827