Re: [ga] Re: Transfers: Apparent Authority Discussion

> This is an international environment we are dealing with here folks.  A
> good chunk of the world does not even operate under common law...so
> agency law as Ross learned it...is totally inapplicable. there are
> analogous concepts, yes. but the correspondence and statute, and caselaw
> and interpretation and legal foundations...are completely different.

Actually no - for 99% of the transfers, the relevant jurisdiction is
Virginia or Delaware.

> I think Danny Younger makes a good point.  So why not focus on coming up
> with a definition we all want to see inserted into contractual terms
> like the agreements between registrant and registrar, etc?

I think that's the whole purpose of this exercise. Problem being, despite
the constant criticism from some quarters, there isn't a lot of drafting
going on. The core of a successful task force will always be competing
proposals surrounding by cogent debate. Without it, nothing effective can
really be accomplished.

I strongly dare the GA to put together a document such as you have described
Dan. The TF needs this.

-rwr