Re: [ga] No At-Large & no GA

Friday, May 10, 2002, 9:55:18 AM, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Petitioning the NTIA to recompete the ICANN contracts is the only remaining
> action that can serve to protect our interests.

Great, then do so, in an appropriate manner.

Using the GA for this purpose is not an appropriate manner.

I am not challenging the message, it is the method.  The GA is not the
appropriate vehicle for this message.  Using it as the vehicle will
create ample reason for ICANN, a reformed ICANN, or any successor, to
argue for no, or strictly limited, public participation at all.

If the message is the important part, why are you so intent on
violating the charter and having this statement come out as a "GA"
statement rather than a statement that stands on its own merits?

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>