[ga] Throw-away PR - is that what you want?

On 2002-05-09 13:39:57 -0400, James Love wrote:

>Is there a "PR value" in a statement from the GA?  I would hope
>so.  That would mean that people actually care what the GA says.
>How could this not be clear, both on and off list?  And how would
>it be a bad thing if a GA statement was actually noticed by
>people?

What a wonderful world - Ralph Nader's Consumer Project on
Technology (and its director, James Love) doing free PR for the
DNSO's General Assembly.

Bad enough, what I've seen so far points in the opposite direction:
The Consumer Project on Technology's director trying to abuse the GA
as a throw-away public relations tool.

So, once again, the question to everyone involved with this: Do you
want that?  Do you really think that a little PR booster for a
campaign of CPTech is worth giving up on the GA?

Think twice, and respond, please.  Your responses may quite well
influence what's going to happen.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/