RE: [ga] Behaviour and rights

> Once again, we have the usual dilemma: shall we try to build
> something, or
> shall we cry our discontent the loudest possible?
> I´m for the former. If the GA is for the latter, there are other
> sandboxes
> in town.
>
> Regards
> Roberto

Roberto,
People have a right to speak. The goal is not to replace ICANN per se, but
to ask the people for whose benefit it exists to let their will be known, in
much the same way that any government must subject itself to a vote of the
people every 4 or so years in order to stay in power. Nobody is saying that
ICANN could not be re-elected to serve another term, but it has no automatic
right to that extension, and by its own policies, admits a failure to
deliver on its promises so far. Those whom ICANN has failed most are
currently represented within the process by the GA, hence it has a right to
hear about all the alternatives that may be available, not just those
dictated by ICANN itself. For goodness sake, let the Vote proceed. The worst
that can happen is that ICANN will have to run a re-election campaign and
answer some tough questions. To do otherwise is to uphold the concept of a
dictatorship.

Regards,
Joanna