[ga] Re: Timetable and proceedure for vote

On 2002-05-08 04:25:49 -0400, James Love wrote:

>"The GA asks the the US Department of Commerce to have an open
>competition for the services now provided by ICANN, provided that
>the new competition would address the need to develop an
>international framework for DNS management.  The rationale for
>asking for a rebid is that ICANN has dramatically changed the
>intitial terms of refence for ICANN, and is proposing even further
>changes, which have met extensive opposition in the Internet
>community. The rebid would allow the DoC to consider both the
>ICANN board proposal for restructuring, and alternatives offered
>by others for managing key Internet resources."

>As I understand your missives, and forgive me if I don't fully
>appreciate what is going on here, you have accepted that this can
>be voted on, but would also welcome either that I withdraw (no
>thank you) or modify this further, or if others would offer
>alternatives that are "less radical," as you put it.  I have yet
>to see any support for specific "less radical" ballot proposals,
>but wait to see what happens.

Please also submit a list of ten supporters (as suggested in my
original timeline posting, to which you agreed).  I suppose this is
a purely formal question in this case, but let's get the record
straight.  To abbreviate the procedure, I'd suggest that you produce
that list from previous discussions, post it, and let those who are
on it object if they want to.

>PS, the discussion of this issue on your web log is certainly a
>rather abbreviated summary of the debate.

I don't even claim it's a summary.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/