[ga] Re: Timetable and proceedure for vote

On 2002-05-07 18:29:27 -0400, James Love wrote:

>Thomas, fill us in on what is the timetable and procedure for a
>vote.  With regard to the vote, how many proposals will be voted
>on, and how do we agree on the final text of the questions?

I described that process before, and you even agreed to it: Produce
a draft text and a list of ten supporters until May 10, for a
resolution which deals with perspectives blah blah blah, and you'll
be on the ballot.  If there's no resolution which fulfills that
condition, there's no vote.

I have also described numerous times what kind of resolution I'd
personally find reasonable.

You are now free to either produce a radical text like what your
original motion suggested, or you could try to take into account the
suggestions made by some on this list, and produce a reasonable text
which does not ruin the GA's credibility.  Finally, you could
respect the fact that there is certainly no consensus on what the GA
should say, and refrain from further asking for a vote in such a
situation.

Obviously, I believe that the first of these possibilities is the
worst one, and that the last one is still best.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/