Re: [ga] Motion asking for GA poll on rebid of ICANN contract

On 2002-05-02 11:31:14 -0400, James Love wrote:

>I don't mind you having any opinion you want on this.  But I am
>asking for a vote, to estabish how the GA members feel about this
>issue.  The GA doesn't have the power to force decisions, but it
>can let people know what its members (not only its chair) think.
>I am asking for a vote.  We can address what is on the ballot if
>we can agree that there will be a vote.

You seem to be seriously mistaken about how things work.

First, you produce a reasonable motion.  You don't do this alone,
but you do this by way of discussion on this very list. Second, you
try to generate substantial support.  Third, you get the vote.

You are just about to begin with step one of this process.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/