Re: [ga] Problems/Conclusions

Joanna asks why I am volunteering to work on the At-Large Organizing
Committee if I believe that ICANN contracts should be re-bid.

Recommending a re-bid does not at all guarantee that the DoC will consider
this option, let alone invoke it.  There is a certain value in being
pragmatic, and in recognizing that if one approach fails to come to fruition,
other options yet remain that might further one's interests.

My interest is in establishing a structure for the At-Large so that the
voices of those not represented by the Supporting Organizations may be heard.
 Such an At-large would include a myriad number of groups (from user
associations like CECUA, to smaller groups like PFIR, to groups that
represent the registrant interest).  To organize such a structure takes a
fair amount of work which I don't wish left in the hands of ICANN staff
alone.  That's why I volunteered.