[ga] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN Reform: Role of ITU

Barbara and all,

Barbara Simons wrote:

> I completely agree.  Let's not lose sight of the fact that the ALSC,
> followed by Lynn, decided to do away with democratic input to ICANN.
> Barbara

  I think it is a bit more grievous than this Barbara.  The ICANN BoD
voted in favor or Lynn and at the same time violated the MoU and
White Paper contracts that ICANN has with the DOC/NTIA, AND
the DOC/NTIA didn't even flinch, but congress to great notice.

  To me and most of our members, this was effectively and actually
bold face evidence that the ICANN BoD and staff were turning
their backs on the stakeholders/users as a whole and denying
their responsibility to the present and most especially the future.

> On 4/30/02 7:48 PM, "Marc Schneiders" <marc@fuchsia.bijt.net> wrote:
>
> > What is wrong with the original idea to let users elect half the board?
> > Why not implement what was intended in the white paper? Because that does
> > slow down ICANN? If the bottom up etc. process is the stifling factor, how
> > come that the very non-bottom-up TF on new TLDs (see recent messages
> > around resignationof YJPark from this) has produced nothing so far? There
> > is no reason whatsoever to try to improve on the Lynn plan, Jamie. We
> > don't want the Lynn plan.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827