[ga] Re: [ALSC-Forum] ICANN: already two consensuses: still three more needed

Micheal and all stakeholders of interested parties,

Micheal Sherrill wrote:

> Hello Jeff:
>
> My primal reaction to your statement of {Internet Holocaust} is yes.  This has happened before.  However, I come from the {old school} that says {screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me!}.  We will, ultimately, only have ourselves to blame if we do not see what permission we have allocated to others to administer our lives and blindly followed, without questioning their authority, thereafter.

  In part, yes.  But remember it is the ICANN BOD and staff that under contract
were task with forming an At-Large where any and all stakeholders or interested
parties may become members on an equal status/level.  They succeeded to
some degree, than after the first troubled At-Large Election, they shut it
down.  The members had NOTHING t do with that action, nor did
all of the At-Large elected directors get seated.

> So, I must ask, what is going on within ICANN?  They have our money and our mailing list and the ear of most of the press {read governments}.  They have usurped the constitutional authority of this organization (ICANN) and answer to no one but themselves.  When they are as quiet as they are (and have been) it makes me very, very nervous.

  Good question.  I am not sure what they are doing.  But their very recent
abrupt silence on the various forums isn't all that unusual and does not
bother me all that much.  I can track them without a problem when I think
it is necessary.

> [...]
> > only way to build, confront and reduce into a single consensus serious yet
> > opposed propositions. Polls are to help (as are the debates) but are *no*
> > votes. What is important is the change in the polls. These changes will
> > help progressive, step by step debates and agreements. The real "votes" are
> > by the position writers: in writing eventually a common document. There
> > must be no loser. This has to be a win/win situation for all.
> >
> > 5. ultimate (needed) consensus: what are the ICANN mission, organization
> > and operations. And how to implement it as a consensus.
> >
> > We therefore need three consensus more. A consensus is to discover what we
> > *already* agree upon, should some conditions be met. Once the consensus is
> > uncovered, the decisions are about how to meet that conditions. So please
> > let proceed step by step.
> >
> > 1. consensus number three (now): do we agree that to reach a stable
> > situation we need a global consensus involving  all the stake holding
> > positions? That it has to be worked out in a consensual manner? that such a
> > consensus will be a part of the solution?
> >
> > 2. consensus number four (after three is uncovered): do we agree that we
> > want to work in an orderly and professional manner? step by step from clean
> > sheet? with the largest number at hand of genuinely concerned even if
> > opposing people, while preventing any risk of capture and of disruption?
> > using a method permitting the clear presentation of the different positions
> > and their reduction into a common agreement? that such an agreement will
> > most probably depend on actions we will have to discuss, to agree upon and
> > to undertake? and not to be at anyone's expense?
> >
> > 3. Ultimate consensus (not to be discussed now): I do believe it does exist
> > (otherwise why to give it a try). I could document my vision, as others
> > could also do with their own today vision. We "just" have to adjust our
> > visions.
> >
> > I think it can bring a far greater stability and security for all of us, at
> > a drastically reduced cost, with a much broader scope of concerns than
> > "mission creep" and a much larger involvement of absentees, in fostering
> > innovation and in respecting cultures and national interests while
> > permitting large and small operators and entrepreneurs to develop. It will
> > also permit very large steps ahead in term of network architecture, social
> > acceptance and economy development.
> >
> > This is when we are in the dark that we have to hope for the light. IMO, in
> > this case it is not to hope, just to work it out. But since we only are
> > human, it may be complex!
> >
> > Jefsey
>
> Regards,
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman for INEGroup - (Over 121k members/stakeholdes strong!)
> E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827

Jeffrey A. Williams