Re: [ga] Motion for a vote of no confidence in the Board

Mike and all assembly members,

 Mike Roberts wrote:

> At 7:01 PM +0100 3/19/02, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> >I do agree on the clear message part, but I do not at this point of
> >time agree that a (declaratory) "vote of no confidence" is the best
> >way to proceed.  I hope that we can find more constructive ways of
> >expressing ourselves.
>
> Yes, indeed.  One of the first tenets of management is, "tell me your
> solutions, not your problems."

  Kinda hard to do that without know what the problem was for which
solution, don't ya think?  >;)

> The people and organizations who have the political power to alter
> the course of ICANN's future are all too familiar with the litany of
> problems, real and imagined.  What they want to know is what
> constructive solutions the ICANN community has to offer.  Firing the
> Board is not among them.

  Oh I don't know about that Mike.  I am hearing just that from
Washington D.C.  Like old Winston Churchill said "Throw the rascals
out!"  In fact, as you know Karl is suing the BoD, so it would seem
that perhaps, just perhaps now mind you, that there is a growing
number that not only think that firing the BoD is a good starting
point, but that relieving some of them of the current personal
financial burden is in order as well...  Can you say E N R O N?

> - M.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827