Re: [ga] Motion for a vote of no confidence in the Board

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Roessler" <roessler@does-not-exist.org>
To: "Mike Roberts" <mmr@darwin.ptvy.ca.us>
Cc: <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: [ga] Motion for a vote of no confidence in the Board
[...]
> The problem we should try to address is what such channels should
> look like: How can the public provide feed-back to ICANN which (1)
> can't be ignored (like an ombudsman who gives non-binding
> recommendations), and (2) does not have a possible breakdown of
> Internet stability as its side-effect (like the introduction of
> competing roots on the sides of AOL and Microsoft)?

Thats an important point. "CANT BE IGNORED". The only way to
do this is to have board members selected by At-Large that can
vote on policy.

How many? Should they be a majority? If ICANN is a policy maker
and not just a technical standards body, then,  YES - the majority
of the decision makers should be DIRECTLY answerable to
the internet public.