Re: [ga] Stop it. Kent

At 08:08 PM 2/5/2002 +0100, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>On 2002-02-05 19:24:59 +0100, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>
>>Although I may well understand that some people might be upset about
>>Kent's appointment, I find that the reaction is going well over the top.
>
>Indeed.
>
>Claiming that Kent "has a habit of falsifying posts", and suggesting that
>he may produce fake postings from Andy and Karl is, quite frankly, beyond
>the line which separates polemics from slander. Such behaviour is _not_
>tolerable in this General Assembly.
>
>Other than that, I have nothing to add to what Roberto wrote, and I'd
>strongly suggest that this part of the discussion be stopped _immediately_.
>--
>Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/

Yes, Thomas, this is rather shocking:

Kent Crispin impersonated Jeff Williams on the monitored GA list while Kent
was a member of the Watch Dog committee.  The post is available via the
GA's public archive.

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg01133.html

 From our list monitor documentation:  04/23/2001 - Kent Crispin received a
warning from Harald Alvestrand for impersonating Jeff Williams online.

He did not apologize to the list or Jeff Williams.

~k