[ga] Wake Up To Yourself, Eric.

On Wednesday, January 02, 2002 11:41 AM, Jeff Wiliams wrote:

>   This is an interesting diatribe I am sure to some.  However I fail to see
> your point nor can I verify your conclusions here Eric.  As such I can
> only conclude that you have brought upon yourself along with the
> other participants disfavor and disgruntlement as Sandy rightly
> indicated in his response below.  Therefore if anyone has dissuaded
> participation of late it would seem to be yourself, Eric.  However
> I can fully understand you not wishing to take responsibility for
> that fact...

Dear Eric

You should understand that Jeff Williams is something like a human virus.  He
will goad you, taunt you and provoke you beyond endurance.  When you reply
(whatever you say) you will have disseminated his sig file further over the
internet.

Don't believe me?  Just read any of Jeff's postings.  Here's just one:

> I am sure that any assistance that you could provide Mike, would
> be your hand in their pocket. Of course, this is a very nice way of
> greasing the palms to get those $$, eh? >;)

<snip>

http://www.opensrs.org/archives/policy-list/0006/0003.html

> Eric Dierker wrote:

> > But I wonder.  Especially in light of the fact that you both know, or at
least should
> > know, that I ask these questions as a straw man and in a Socratic dialogue
fashion,
> > and that I personally already know the answers.

Crap, Eric.  Stop being so defensive.  You leave yourself wide open.  Be
honest.

> > I have a following that provided over 30% of the chair vote last election.

Incredible that a person can so delude themselves.

> > But I wonder why you slam me so hard.  You could not do it out of
ignorance.  So I must
> > conclude;

Try, please try, to stop talking about yourself.  We are here to discuss
domain name policy.

> > You do it to dissuade others from posting and to assure the GA's
ineffectiveness.

> > Well you both are doing a great job of beating up on me an scaring others
from
> > participating.
> >
> > (because our two remaining monitors are running for office, we are
essentially not
> > monitored so please
> > feel free to really beat the heck out of me for this post)

As you know, I consign all of your mail to trash, unread.  However, I pick up
"splatter" from Jeff Williams and others.  If you want people to pay
attention, start acting like an adult.

Re-read Sandy's mail without tears in your eyes and you will find he stated
the facts quite calmly and sensibly.  In fact, any objective person would
thank him for his forbearance.  Sandy's put downs were very mild and much less
than you deserved.

However, Jeff Williams did taunt you.  But you should know his modus operandi
by now and try to ignore him.  Didn't you learn anything in primary school ???

Best regards
Patrick Corliss