Re[2]: [ga] Manu Pullite

Friday, Friday, November 02, 2001, 6:28:34 PM, Joop Teernstra wrote:

> On 12:17 2/11/01 -0600, Andy Gardner said:
>>At 12:28 PM +1300 2/11/01, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>>
>> >We can't, I think. There is no option open but to soldier on,
>> >meanwhile  creating our own structures for Domain Name Holders'
>> >representation and prove that they are more honest and less prone to abuse
>> >than ICANN's.
>> >In the face of determined sabotage, that is not an easy task at all.
>>
>>Tell me about it. 2 years down the track after your sabotage of the
>>original steering committee, and you're still trying your best to keep it
>>as the JDNO.

> The original Steering Committee, the few people left on it in the last 10
> days before its term expired, had no quorum and no mandate to impose any
> rules. The correct thing to do was to let the membership as a whole
> participate in the rulemaking for the election of a new Executive
> Committee.  If you call that sabotage, then it is about sabotaging a coup.

Your sabotage started long before that point.  It started when the
steering committee tried to adopt rules of civil discourse for the
mailing lists that you didn't approve of, and so you not only used
your unofficial position on the steering committee mailing list to try
and obstruct the progress of those discussions, but you denied access
to the polling tools when the members moved for adoption of those
rules.

That was when people started to leave the steering committee, and the
10 you mention were half of the original steering committee and easily
2/3 of those who had ever posted even a single message to the steering
committee list, some 6 members never having joined in the steering
committee discussions.

Stop trying to rewrite history, Joop, the record doesn't bear out your
misinformation (I'll be nice and not call you a flat out liar this
time).

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>