RE: [ga] Manu Pullite

On 12:17 2/11/01 -0600, Andy Gardner said:
>At 12:28 PM +1300 2/11/01, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
> >We can't, I think. There is no option open but to soldier on,
> >meanwhile  creating our own structures for Domain Name Holders'
> >representation and prove that they are more honest and less prone to abuse
> >than ICANN's.
> >In the face of determined sabotage, that is not an easy task at all.
>
>Tell me about it. 2 years down the track after your sabotage of the
>original steering committee, and you're still trying your best to keep it
>as the JDNO.

The original Steering Committee, the few people left on it in the last 10
days before its term expired, had no quorum and no mandate to impose any
rules. The correct thing to do was to let the membership as a whole
participate in the rulemaking for the election of a new Executive
Committee.  If you call that sabotage, then it is about sabotaging a coup.

It has taken the membership a year to agree and ratify the Charter, but it
has been done democratically and the attempt of Mr Walsh to have it
rescinded has failed.
Make peace, stand for election, instead of forever whining about losing the
chance to be in a perpetual First Steering Committee.
All positions are open for election shortly.

In fact all individual domain name owners here on the GA list are welcome
to help in the rebooting process.
Sign  up at www.idno.org/join.htm