RE: [ga] Manu Pullite

At 12:51 1/11/01 -0800, Roeland Meyer wrote:

>I would love to see some of you in MdR again, but the current re-focusing,
>of the meeting, plus the fact that any business opportunities are restricted
>to ICANN insiders, remove any and all benefits or justification I can
>possibly make to my shareholders. There is simply no way that I can justify
>the time/expense, even as market research. All visible fruit has been
>plucked from the ICANN tree.

I know that Jefsey is right in his observations.
If we stay on spending our time here it is not because we expect any
financial return, but because we have a global civic duty to keep a global
corporation like ICANN in check.

>Is it time to start over yet?

We can't, I think. There is no option open but to soldier on,
meanwhile  creating our own structures for Domain Name Holders'
representation and prove that they are more honest and less prone to abuse
than ICANN's.
In the face of determined sabotage, that is not an easy task at all.

--Joop