Re: [ga] WIPO Arbitrators Stern In Domain 'Hijacking' Rulings

Eric and all assembly members,

  I will list one lawyer that ONLY does his work on contingency that
will.  Jerry Spence!  BTW, Jerry hasn't lost a case in a very long time!

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Dr. Berryhill,
>
> The U.S. legal system is not quite the ivory tower monolith you seem to think.
> It is more likely than not that those that can afford good Attorneys will
> prevail over those that cannot.  I have not seen a single case of a registrant
> obtaining a contingency lawyer on a domain name matter.  If you think mom and
> pop down at wheel- haul.com can beat out U-hauls lawyers by hiring an IP lawyer
> on the fly you live in a fairy tale.
>
> I could be wrong and would be happy to find out that I was.  Please list a few
> IP firms or divisions of firms that would take these matters on based upon a
> recovery of fees concept.  Shucks, list a lawyer.
>
> John Berryhill wrote:
>

> > > Actually, I'm with Dassa on this one. Besides, the perp would simply laugh
> > > at any ICANN monetary demands.
> >
> > In the real world, this is why a plaintiff seeking certain kinds of
> > preliminary relief, such as replevin of property, must first post a bond.
> > It provides an automatic remedy to the defendant in the event the plaintiff
> > is not acting in good faith.
> >
> > I'd prefer to see such a bond go to a prevailing domain name registrant,
> > RDNH ruling or not, since it would enable more respondents with meritorious
> > positions to obtain counsel.
> >
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827