[ga] Public Forum?

Philip,

I note that the Council's agenda for Montevideo again does not allow for any
public forum.   Doesn't the Council feel any responsibility to answer the
questions that might be posed to it by its constituents?

As our host committee has allocated sufficient time to the Council so that it
may complete its many myriad tasks (Ballroom  - 13.30 to 18.00 - Name
Council), there is no excuse for having an unduly short 3 hour session (14:00
- 17:00) that does not include a Public comment period.

A public session of the Names Council should allow for public comments.  If
the ICANN Board can have a Public Forum, why can't the NC?  Is a closed
session in front of an audience what the Council considers to be "procedures
designed to ensure fairness"?  Or perhaps the Bylaws don't mean that much to
the Council?

Also, at the last Names Council teleconference, you (as Chair of the Review
Task Force) indicated that the Guidelines for Working Groups would be
released prior to Montevideo by the Review Task Force.   Will this be issued
on schedule, or will we have another interminable delay of the type that has
characterized all your dysfunctional Task Forces thus far?