Re: [ga] Whonami Releases First World-Wide Real-Time Domain ...

Danny,

thanks for the resource pointers, and I've checked whonami out.

Although the multi-lingual aspect seems to be something that will really
help out a bit in the coming months, whonami sorely lacks access to as
many TLDs as they report, based upon our research.

Might I suggest that people use instead the services of the whois root
which is located at http://www.whoisroot.com, or xwhois which is located
at http://www.xwhois.com

These services are much faster and can perform lookups on many more TLDs
than whonami, which we would be happy to work with if they contact us at
http://www.PacificRoot.com

for examples, please compare the responses to queries such as

warren.family
tmh.ind
biz.biz
duvin.wine
atlantic.ocean
computers.biz

All of the aboe domains have associated websites as well and when it
comes to just the domains themselves there are many thousands more which
whonami isn't capable of returning results for.

If anyone would like to enlighten them as to their shortcomings we'll be
happy to lend a hand improving their services so that the whole Internet
community might find them to be a useful resource - like Xwhois and the
WhoisRoot have been for a very long time.

Even with regards to the alternative root, operated by the deprecated
ICANN legacy system folk, the whonami site demonstrates it is incomplete.
when a simple query on 'nic.biz' is entered. It not only fails to return
a correct response for ARNI as the legitimate registrant, but it also
doesn't return anything for the unauthorized colliding version of .BIZ
that ICANN is promoting.

With a little help from us I suspect that they could be truly operational
and ready for the Internet community at large to use. Right now it's not a
matter of their returned results being inaccurate, but rather, woefully
incomplete.

Kindest Regards,

Bradley D. Thornton
Chief Technology Officer
The PacificRoot / Joint Technologies, Ltd.
http://www.PacificRoot.com

http://www.JointTech.com