Re: [ga] Partial response to questions from Danny Younger regarding Business Constituency: Charter and ByLaw Violations

Robert and all assembly members,

Robert Gaetano wrote:

> William is right on (as Patrick and Bill in their replies).
> The problem, IMHO, is that some people think at the GA not as a forum to
> which submit contributions that may help solving DNS issues, but as a forum
> for their personal frustrations and their personal vendettas.

  Good point here Robert.  To many people or participants take this
view.  However they are still in the minority.

> To comply with the rules of the GA (limit postings, observe decorum, stay on
> topic) defeats therefore their very purpose for participating.

  The GA rules are ridiculous and illegitimate, and you know it.  So
they are not a vehicle to solve anything or any problem.  In fact they
are part of one of the biggest problems that the DNSO GA has.

> To me, the difference between the post of somebody, like Marylin, that
> explains her point (with which you may agree or not) and other types of
> "contributions" is striking.

  Yes I agree.  Especially the "Striking" part.  Mirilyn's obvious political
gamesmanship is indeed "Striking".  It has been pointed out by myself
and many others before.  Hence the reason for the start of this thread.

> Incidentally, having had the good chance to
> meet her personally, I do believe that she will continue to reply to
> argumentations contrary to her opinion with messages in her usual correct
> style, and reply to these other posts by giving them all the attention they
> deserve: a click on the delete key.

  What is a "Correct Style", Robert?  It seems that you implying that
some "Styles" are not correct?  Is that right?

> Regards
> Roberto
>
> >From: William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> >To: admin@consumer.net ((admin))
> >CC: "Derek Conant" <dconant@dnsga.org>, "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA"
> ><mcade@att.com>,        "'Danny Younger'" <DannyYounger@cs.com>,
> >"'General Assembly of ICANN'" <ga@dnso.org>,        "'Philip Sheppard'"
> ><philip.sheppard@aim.be>,        "'Stuart Lynn'" <lynn@icann.org>,
> >"'Grant Forsyth'" <grant.forsyth@clear.co.nz>,        "'Business
> >Constituency Secretariat'" <secretariat@bizconst.org>,
> ><ga@dnsga.org>
> >Subject: Re[2]: [ga] Partial response to questions from Danny Younger
> >regarding Business Constituency: Charter and ByLaw Violations
> >Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:35:47 -0700

> > > On a scale which is measured by how fair the AT&T legal department
> >treats
> > > people (including me ...  and my family) I am more than fair with Cade.
> > > don't see why I should treat these other people any different then they
> > > treat me.
> >
> >Perhaps this is a good reason:
> >
> >http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html
> >
> >Just something you might want to keep in mind.
> >
> >--
> >Best regards,
> >William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> >Userfriendly.com Domains
> >The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> >DNS Services from $1.65/mo
> >
> >--
> >This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827