Re: [ga] Meetings at Montevideo

Danny wrote:

>I note that the GA session is slightly shorter than originally scheduled,
>and
>that the Names Council session is an hour and a half longer.  As the

Speaking about agenda, as I am assuming that the Chair is pulling it
together, may I suggest that we give enough time to two items of inerest:
- constituency for individuals/registrars (BTW, I like Bill's 3Rs -
Registry, Registrar, Registrant - it will work effectively as a slogan for
campaigning - remember that the press will be there)
- Best Practices - how to go forward

I would also like to have slots for our representatives in the Task Forces,
if the Chair thinks is worthed. For my part, I plan to report this weekend,
which will give time to read and comment, and be ready for action.

>..... would appreciate the opportunity to have our elected representatives
>answer
>questions posed by the electorate).

I understand this being the request for having a slot in the NC for the
GA-nominated candidates for the BoD. Please confirm, as this has been
understood differently by others (WXW).
I agree with this, even if I am aware that not all candidates will be able
to participate in person. Maybe a reply by phone from the remote candidates
to the questionas they have heard via Webcast may reduce the disadvantage,
but if nothing is done, the whole election process will not have an open
forum at all.

OTOH, I believe that to have GA time allocated to this is worthless: the
voters of the next round are in the NC, and traditionally not all the NC
reps participate to the GA (although some do).

Some questions to Raul:
- are there sessions with simultaneous translation (interpretation)?
- if yes, which ones?
- if yes, who is paying, ICANN or the sponsors?

Regards
Roberto