RE: [ga] XTNS Launches New Domain Naming System

--On 16. august 2001 17:51 -0400 "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" <mcade@att.com>
wrote:

> I should let the IETF and others more knowledgeable than I respond... many
> of these terms were "coined" I believe by those who were the architects of
> the Internet...

the first definition of the DNS "domain" concepts in the RFC series were in
RFC 882, by Paul Mockapetris, November 1983.

The first published definition (I believe) of the domain-like name
structure is RFC 819, by Jon Postel and Zaw-sing Su, dated August 1982.

I do not believe that Jeff Williams has ever been a registered participant
at a physical IETF meeting.

                Harald