From: k@widgital.com [mailto:k@widgital.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 6:13 PM
To: Tim Langdell
Cc: ga@dnso.org; Jefsey Morfin
Subject: Re: [ga] XTNS Launches New Domain Naming System

A point of clarification:

The ICANN did not participate in the creation or development of the
Internet, nor did they come up with the terms you have referenced.  I am
not sure who named DNS, TLD, et cedera; but I do know that the technology
and their names have been around for much longer than we have known of
ICANN's existence.  Also, ICANN works with a few TLDs whereas other Root
Services work with many.

:)

~k