[ga] Call for monitors?

If you read the following you will come to the same conclusion as I did,
the use of monitors is not legitimate to our enabling document.  I would
think one would feel funny being a monitor and suspending someone when
they knew that their position was the largest violation of rules.

The following is from:

http://www.atlargestudy.org/DiscussionPaper1.shtml

      " In making recommendations on the role of an At Large membership
in ICANN, our intention is to help create a policy and decision-making
structure and process within ICANN that fosters understanding and
accommodation between various constituencies, including individual
Internet users. We are striving to recommend such a structure and
process to help ensure that ICANN's policies truly reflect the needs,
interests and rights of all its stakeholders - including those who may
not like its policies but who will ideally feel that at least their
arguments were understood and fairly considered. "

This would seem a worthy goal for the GA.  Too bad it (GA) is controlled
by personal agendas and a strict censorship model instead.  I especially
like the fostering of understanding and accommodation part as opposed to
the limitation and ostracizing practiced here. Note that here we are
centering on policies that create a strict work producing environment
where as in this quote the emphasis is on reflecting the needs, interest
and rights of all stakeholders.

So I reread the GA mandate in this light.
http://www.dnso.icann.org/dnso/aboutdnso.html
and I found this;

             THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY

                  (a) The GA shall be an open forum for participation in
the work of the DNSO, and open to all who are willing to contribute
effort to the work of the DNSO. The participants in the GA should be
individuals who have a knowledge of and an interest in issues pertaining
to the areas for which the DNSO has primary responsibility, and who are
willing to contribute time, effort and expertise to the work of the
DNSO, including work item proposal and development, discussion of work
items, draft document preparation, and participation in research and
drafting committees and working groups.

The sublists are closed and not open to all who are willing to
contribute effort.  Someone had better change our enabling papers to
allow for censorship and suspension, and sublists.