[ga] Utility of the GA

William X. Walsh writes:
 > Wednesday, July 04, 2001, 12:22:19 PM, William S. Lovell wrote:
 > > I would think so, but would first add one point. It seems to me that any
 > > continued refusal to abide by established posting procedures (whether
 > > or not one agrees with them) should in itself -- and even if expressed
 > > with utmost politeness and nice clean words -- and more importantly
 > > any attempt unilaterally to change those procedures, without the input
 > > of the rest of the GA more or less in the manner expressed above,
 > > should itself be grounds for suspension from posting privileges.
 >

 > So then you agree that hte posting privileges of our Chair and
 > Co-Chair should be revoked for implementing a unilateral change by
 > adding sub lists, and then trying to force subjects off the main list
 > as off topic since they have a sublist that they created on their own?

Yes.  I agree with Mr. Walsh that I have seen an incredible amount of
inappropriate behavior by both the Chair and Co-Chair.  I do not believe
that either is a fit representative of the will of the GA.  Under their
direction, the GA list has become the haven of spammers and children,
people with absolutely no sense of the history of the debate whose only
desire is to promote their own selfish, money-making schemes to the
detriment of free and open exchange.

I do not believe that the GA serves any useful purpose any more.  The NC
should disband it and ICANN should concentrate their efforts on the
At-Large Membership in hopes that useful ideas will come from it.

/Joe